- The Hobbit (Peter Jackson, 2012)
- Silver Linings Playbook (David O. Russell, 2012)
- Django Unchained (Quentin Tarantino, 2012)
- Lincoln (Steven Spielberg, 2012)
- Repulsion (Roman Polanski, 1965)
- The Dark Knight Rises (Christopher Nolan, 2012)
- Winter’s Bone (Debra Granik, 2010)
- A Place in the Sun (George Stevens, 1950)
- A Streetcar Named Desire (Elia Kazan, 1951)
- The Impossible (Joan Antonio Bayona, 2012)
- Beasts of the Southern Wild (Behn Zeitlin, 2012)
- Amour (Michael Haneke, 2012)
- The Place Beyond the Pines (Derek Cianfrance, 2012)
- Clueless (Amy Heckerling, 1995)
- Waterloo Road (Sidney Gilliat, 1945)
- Deliverance (John Boorman, 1972)
- Submarine (Richard Ayoade, 2010)
- In Darkness (Agnieszka Holland, 2011)
- Garden State (Zach Braff, 2004)
- The Razor’s Edge (Edmund Goulding, 1946)
VivAndLarry.com is an historical archive and film blog dedicated to preserving the memories of classic screen and stage stars Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier, and to the discussion of classic Hollywood and world cinemas. The site is designed and edited by Kendra Bean, a film scholar, writer and photographer living in London. What you'll find here: A cabinet of curiosities brimming with vintage articles, video footage, the largest archive of Vivien Leigh and/or Laurence Olivier photos on the Web, and much, much more.
This site is updated frequently, so pull up a chair and stay a while! Or, subscribe to be notified whenever new posts are made.
The current header was designed and drawn by the brilliant Laura Loveday.
Read Vivien Leigh: Becoming Scarlett by Kendra Bean in issue no. 75 of Bright Lights Film Journal
Read Kendra's article Style Icon: Vivien Leigh at The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower
My running list of films watched in 2013.